Friday, July 10, 2009

Why I became involved with exposing government cover-ups.

I grew up during the Vietnam War and the Kennedy assassination (hint). I remember that at 9 years old I was shocked at the fact that the president could be killed by anyone. To me he was an icon and no one would dare to even speak derogatory toward him. This started my curiosity with everything that really occurs in the government. Of course with that and the Vietnam War there was no shortage of controversy and claims of government cover-ups. This began the questions in my mind. Could this be true? Did it really happen that way? Surely our government, the epitome of world democratic standards, was not involved in such things. Well, as you may have already guessed, I was about to loose my idealistic and nigh-eve beliefs in the honesty and forthrightness of our government. I spent the next 45 years developing and searching for, not just the truth, but what led to our passive attitudes toward the overt practices and operations of the secret internal workings in our U. S. Government. I have corresponded with many throughout the years over cover ups and lack of the governments unwillingness to reveal the truth. This is what lead me here today and to the belief that our own passive part is what ultimately lead to our current situation. I hope that you will find some clarity in the reading of my new book "Apathy in America" Please read some of the posts form some of the leading investigators in the fight for government transparency. Then do your research, formulate your own opinion, based on real facts, and comment on my blog. I can assure you that I read everyone.

No comments: